The GCS Staff take admissions very seriously. Our goal through this process is to determine whether GCS is the best place for your child and whether our mission is what your family wants. We begin the process through a conversation and an information packet tailored to suit your needs. We suggest a tour of the building your child will attend and possible attendance at a school function. Following these processes, we will offer student testing (to determine grade placement if needed) and an interview with our Admissions team. After the interview, the team will review the students application, speak to references if needed, and determine whether the student will be accepted. Upon acceptance you will be notified & invited to join us at GCS!
- Contact GCS – fill out a “Request Information” form below, call or stop by.
- Tour the school & Meet with our Administrator – Set up a private tour and interview with our Admissions team.
- Submit an Application –
Fill out the 2018-2019 Online Enrollment Application.
Use District Code GCS-IL to Login, New Families will need to create a New ParentsWeb Account.
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID (if needed)
- Complete the FACTS Application online.
- Once finished it will take about two weeks to process.
- We will notify you via email when we receive your results.
*This can be completed before or after enrollment.
- We will contact you by phone and email.
- Enrollment Fees need to be paid, financial contract signed in the office, & a tuition payment plan set up.
- Students’ records need to be faxed from their previous school.*
*If students were not previously in a school we will need copies of: Student’s birth certificate, physical immunization record, dental record, and vision record. See full list below.All Students in Preschool, Kindergarten, Sixth and Ninth grades are required to provide a copy of a current Illinois physical examination including required State of Illinois vaccinations.
1. All students entering the Sixth and Twelfth grades will be required to show proof of recent MCV vaccine.
2. All Students in Kindergarten, Second, and Sixth grades are required to provide proof of a dental examination.
3. All Illinois children who upon first entry into school must provide a proof of eye exam. The exam must be performed by an ophthalmologist or an optometrist.
4. All children must have a copy of their birth certificate in their file.
5. All documents may be faxed to 343-8006 or bought into the office.
If you have questions about what information is needed for your child please call the office, 343-8008.
Galesburg Christian School Association, Inc. admits students of any sex, race, color, nationality and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to GCS students. The school does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin, in the administration of its educational policies, admissions procedures, and scholarship programs, athletic and other school administered programs. The school does, however, reserve the right to deny admission to any individual who cannot benefit by the experience based on past academic achievement or whose personal life style is not in harmony with the stated philosophy and purpose of GCS.